Danbury Railway Museum
- Union Station
120 White Street
Danbury, Connecticut 06810
(Corner of White Street and Patriot Drive)
Best Highway Access
- From the west: Interstate 84 East to Exit 5 in Danbury, right (south) onto Main Street. After crossing railroad tracks, turn left at 3rd light onto White Street.
From the east: Interstate 84 West to Exit 6 in Danbury, left (south) onto North Street. At second light, left onto Balmforth/Maple Avenue. At second light,
left onto White Street.
See map for details.
- Danbury Railway Museum
P.O. Box 90
Danbury, CT 06813-0090
- The Danbury Railway Museum is dedicated to railroad preservation and education. We currently house several pieces of railroad rolling stock, many already, or in the process of being, restored to operating condition. We are creating exhibits that will depict the important role railroads served in the progress of our
nation. Our museum also houses a railroad library and research center.
Operating Hours for 1997 - 1998 Museum (station building) and railway yard
- January through March: Thursday through Sunday, 10am to 4pm
- April through December: Tuesday through Sunday, 10am to 4pm
- Thanksgiving through December: Special Extended hours
.. Mon Dec 22, 1997 - Open 10am - 4pm
.. Mon Dec 29, 1997 - Open 10am - 4pm
.. Wed Dec 31, 1997 - "First Night" to 11:30pm
- $2.00 for adults, $1.00 for children (ages 4 through 15), $1.00 for senior citizens. No charge for children 3 and under. No charge for Danbury Railway
JGS Last modified: 10/9/97