The Danbury Garden Club was founded in 1925 and is celebrating our 90th year anniversary in 2015. The Club became a Charter Member of the Federated Garden Clubs of Connecticut, Inc. in 1929, www.ctgardenclubs.org. We are a member of National Garden Clubs, Inc. and The New England Region of National Garden Clubs, Inc.
The Club’s Objectives are:
- To promote an interest in horticulture.
- To increase a knowledge of the artistic use of plant material.
- To sponsor civic projects.
- To further the conservation of natural resources and wildlife.
Awards Received in 2013
National Garden Clubs Awards
- Certificate of Appreciation
For participating in the NGC Awards Program 2013
New England Region Awards
- The Laura Wetmore Conservation Bowl
For work on the Lake Kenosia Buffer Gardens
The Federated Garden Clubs of Connecticut Awards
- Award of Honor – Large Club
Conferred on a garden club which, over a period of five years, has maintained a record of exceptional achievement in upholding the aims and purposes of The Federation
- The Terry Stoleson Creative Design Award
Maria Nahom for the design that best represents the creativity, imagination and originality essential in Creative Design - for her design in Class 5 “Mother of the Groom’s Vision–a Duo design” at the 2013 CT Flower Show “Love in Bloom”
- Civic Development Certificate of Achievement
For Arbor Day tree plantings, maintenance of Blue Star Memorial and town gardens, and replacements of all plaques for memorial trees planted over the years
- 2012-2013 Yearbooks Award of Excellence 1st Place
Class V (70-99 members)
- Youth Certificate of Achievement
Danbury Junior Garden Club
Further information regarding the Danbury Garden Club may be obtained by calling Joan Stapleton at 203-778-9410 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Carol Lubus at 203-743-3798.
- Connecticut Tribute Awards
Ann Diker for the Danbury Garden Club Youth Program