The Danbury Garden Club offers a $1500.00 Scholarship each year to a qualified Western Connecticut State University student.
Requirements for Scholarship Applicants:
- Resident of the state of Connecticut
- WCSU full time student in good standing
- Studying plant biology, ecology, conservation or related field
- Completed application form (download pdf by clicking here)
- Applicant's grade transcript
- Personal letter (2 page maximum) by applicant discussing background, career goals, commitment to chosen field of study, and comments about how the scholarship will be helpful to the applicant
- List of extracurricular activities and/or honors received
- One letter of recommendation, one page, discussing applicant's scholastic ability, character, and work-related experience
All of the above, in one packet, by certified mail, to be received by January 31, 2015 to:
Danbury Garden Club Scholarship Chairman
45 Aunt Hack Road
Danbury, CT 06811
The Scholarship Committee also selects from time-to-time, a current or former student member of our Juniors group who has been an enthusiastic participant in that group for at least three years, including at least one year of middle school. The student must be attending a two or four year college program and must be recommended for the award by a current or former Chair of the Juniors Committee. This one-time-per-person award is for at least $500.