The Danbury Garden Club offers two, $2,000 Scholarships each year to qualified students from either Western Connecticut State University (WCSU) or Naugatuck Community College (NCC).
Requirements for Scholarship Applicants:
- Resident of the State of Connecticut
- WCSU or NCC full time student in good standing, in need of financial aid
- Majoring in plant biology, ecology, conservation, or related field
- Completed application form (download pdf by clicking here)
- Applicant’s grade transcript
- Personal letter (2 page maximum) by applicant discussing background, career goals, commitment to chosen field of study, and comments about how the scholarship will be helpful to the applicant
- List of extracurricular activities and/or honors received
- One letter of recommendation, one page, discussing applicant’s scholastic ability, character, and work-related experience
Send all of the above, in one packet, by certified mail, to be received by January 31, 2017 to:
Mrs. Brigid Guertin
Danbury Garden Club Scholarship Chairman
114 E. Pembroke Road
Danbury, CT 06811
The Scholarship Committee also selects from time-to-time, a current or former student member of the Danbury Garden Club Juniors group who has been an enthusiastic participant in that group for at least three years, including at least one year of middle school, who is or will be attending a two or four year college program, and who is recommended for the award by a current or former Chair of the Juniors Committee. This one-time-per-person award may be up to $1,000.