Music Director Job Description
St. Joseph Roman Catholic Church, Shelton, Connecticut seeks a Full-Time Music Director for an active, urban/suburban parish of 2,300 families.
The successful candidate will be actively involved in the pastoral ministry and mission of the parish and be a key member of the Pastoral Staff. He or she will be responsible for:
- Directing the overall Parish Music program, including coordinating with directors of the Contemporary Choir (“Praise and Worship” music), Coro Hispano (Hispanic Folk group) and other parish liturgical musicians.
- Playing at 4-5 weekend Masses on a recently renovated, hundred-year-old pipe organ, performing a wide range of both traditional and contemporary Catholic liturgical music.
- Directing an Adult Choir and a Children’s Choir.
- Working with parish cantors to enhance the liturgy and increase congregational singing.
- Performing funerals, weddings, holyday Masses and all other parish liturgical celebrations throughout the year.
- Creating a liturgical environment for inspiring, prayerful worship and active, Spirit-filled participation in a way that serves to unite the parish in Christian discipleship.
The successful candidate must have the ability to perform on pipe organ, piano and keyboard; have strong interpersonal and organizational skills, being able to interact well with the various music ministries already established at the parish; and possess the ability to work with a diverse ethnic, racial and generational parish community. Most importantly the successful candidate must possess a personal faith commitment to Jesus Christ and his Church, and be highly motivated to minister in a parish currently engaged in a plan of pastoral evangelization and spiritual renewal.
Full-time salaried position plus benefits, including medical and dental health plan. References and audition required.
Please send resume, references and any correspondence electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like an opening posted please contact the webmaster